Focus on sustainable programmes
It is important to us that a good match between the Foundation and a potential partner organisation is found. The programmes we support must contribute to our commitment to help people reach their full potential. We will therefore favour programmes that demonstrate a strong ownership, build local capacities and articulate a clear vision about how to increase autonomy of beneficiaries.
Focus on measurable results
The Foundation makes grants, not donations. Grants are attached to a programme with expected results and intermediate milestones. There are reporting obligations attached to the release of the grant instalments over the grant period. What we care about ultimately is results and real, lasting impact. We expect our grantees to measure and demonstrate such results.
Our areas of action
Since 2017, the Foundation has refined its strategic orientation in order to strengthen its action and impact in the industry area where our parent company, Trafigura, operates. We now fund projects in the field of social entrepreneurship, with a specific focus on promoting fair and sustainable employment, and in the field of clean and safe supply chains. To learn more about our focus areas, click here.
Please email your application containing the following documents - in English
- Short summary of your project (please fill in this form)
- Cover letter explaining why you are calling on the Foundation's financial support and how you think the project can connect with our office people
- The statutes of your organisation
Please do not send materials exceeding the above requirements. If the proposal is in line with our criteria and priorities, we will follow up and ask for further information in due course. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, you may consider that your application has unfortunately not been successful.
All projects proposals are first screened by the Foundation’s executive team. Proposals having successfully passed this initial screening are formally reviewed by the Board. The Board takes into account the relevance of the project with respect to the Foundation’s mission and portfolio. The Board also assesses the projects’ efficiency and impact. Upon a positive outcome, the Foundation gets in touch with the successful applicant to work out grant practicalities.
The Trafigura Foundation does not fund the following type of projects:
- Programmes or relief activities in countries where there is no Trafigura presence (see www.trafigura.com)
- Academic research
- Individual requests for scholarship or financial support
- Projects presented through a third party, such as fundraising or marketing service-providers
- General fundraising events
- Sports events, charity balls or galas
- Projects pursuing religious or political objectives
- Projects which do not fit under one of our key areas of focus: social entrepreneurship and safe & clean logistics.